Junior A STARSkate
The Junior STARSkate Program is designed for the skater who has graduated from our Senior Academy program or is currently working on their first set of SkateCanada STAR tests. Star 1-2 Tests in Dance, FreeSkate, and Skills will be the focus as well as training to compete at the Star 1-2 Level during the season. The program fee includes ice costs only, there will be additional costs associated with Coach lessons provided in class. It is recommended participants contact the OSC Head Coach at or prior to registration to discuss scheduled lessons and budgets.
- Mandatory SUNDAY or MONDAY session
- All coaching fees are paid directly to the coaches.
- Dryland is encouraged to support balance, coordination flexibility, core awareness and sport specific jumps and spin techniques.
- The season runs September 7 to December 16, 2021 and January 3 - March 31, 2022. Please note the week of March 21st is for Gala rehearsals and event, the cost for this week is not included in the pricing below. Details and pricing for Gala will be sent out at a later date. The week of March 28 - March 31 will be utilized as preparation for test day and is included in the pricing below.
- Please consult the master calendar for dates our regular ice times are not available.
Fall/Winter 2021 - 2022 Schedule
|Day||Time||Start Date||Location||# of Sessions||Price|
|Sunday (Mandatory Day Option)||7:00 - 8:15 AM||12-Sep||Piper||23||$330|
|Sunday Dryland||8:30 - 9:15 AM||03-Oct||Community Room||20||$90|
|Monday (Mandatory Day Option)||4:00 - 5:00 PM||13-Sep||Piper||24||$260|
|Tuesday Dryland - All levels||5:40 - 6:20 PM||05-Oct||Community Room||20||$80|
|Wednesday||4:00 - 4:45 PM||08-Sep||Piper||27||$220|
|Thursday||4:00 - 4:45 PM||09-Sep||Piper||27||$220|
|Friday||6:00 - 7:00 PM||10-Sep||Piper||23||$290|
Purchase any 5 or more of the above sessions and receive 10% off!
New this Fall!
OSC has added extra days of skating to the schedule that are open to all Junior - Senior skaters to purchase. Registration for these sessions will open September 13th. These ice times can be purchased as a package price or as individual pick-up days. All pick up ice is tracked by our OSC coaches and will be billed to families monthly.
|Day||Time||Start Date||End Date||No Classes||Location||# of Sessions||Price|
|Wednesday Fall - All Levels||7:15 - 8:30 pm||6-Oct||15-Dec||20-Oct||Scott Seaman||10||$125|
|Friday Fall - All Levels||2:30 - 3:45 pm||01-Oct||3-Dec||12-Nov||Piper||9||$112.50|
- Skate Canada membership fee of $44.00 (non-refundable and non-transferrable)
Membership year - September 1 - August 31.
- When you/your child registers for a skating program at our club, you also become a member of Skate Canada, the national sport governing body for figure skating in Canada. There are many advantages that go with a Skate Canada membership such as accident insurance, access to Skate Canada programs and materials, the opportunity to participate in interclub and invitational competitions and special member prices on merchandise from the on-line store.