Due to uncertainty around the COVID-19 pandemic a final draft of our winter calendar is not currently available. We are hopeful that an update will be available by January 4th.
PreCanPower is an introductory power skating program geared to skaters who are interested or are currently in a first time hockey or ringette program. This is NOT a Learn to Skate program; skaters should have passed the the CanSkate Level 3 program and be able to skate backwards. This program will further develop basic skating abilities including balance, stopping, agility, crossovers, and basic forward and backward stride, in a fun learning environment.
- CSA approved helmet WITH CAGE and a hockey stick are mandatory.
- Hockey equipment is optional.
- Water bottle is required.
2020 - 2021 Schedule and New Policies for PreCanPowerSkate this Season - Please Read Covid-19 Information Link
- All Skate Canada Guidelines and Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut Protocols must be met for all PreCanPowerSkate sessions during COVID-19
- At this time the facility allows skaters 10 an dunder to have one parent attend the session with them. All spectators must sign in on the contact tracing log
- All skaters will be asked Health Screening Questions. Any skaters showing symptoms of Covid-19 will not be allowed in the facility
- All coaches and program assistants must wear a non-medical mask and gloves at all times. Gloves and masks should be changed in between sessions
- Participants MUST arrive at the rink with skates on, fully dressed and ready to get on the ice. Program Assistants and Coaches will be unable to aid in putting on / taking off skates
- Physical distancing must be maintained with skates on/off in the facility unless a sport cohort has been formed by the club/school - OSC has not formed any cohorts at this time
- Educate skaters to use physical distancing protocols when passing skaters
- Skaters must not have shared contact of any teaching aid or prop
- Minimum age for PreCanPowerSkate is 5 years old
- Skater must be able to get up on their skates independently to participate this season
- All sessions are at Piper Arena in the Okotoks Recreation Centre, 99 Okotoks Drive.
- Due to orientation requirements all registration will close October 3rd.
|Wednesdays||5:00 - 5:45 pm||October 7 to December 16||November 11||$190.00|
|Fridays||2:45 - 3:30 pm||October 9 to December 11||$190.00|
|Saturdays||10:00 - 10:45 am||
October 10 to December 12
- Skate Canada membership fee of $44.00 (non-refundable and non-transferrable)
Membership year - September 1 - August 31
- When you/your child registers for a skating program at our club, you also become a member of Skate Canada, the national sport governing body for figure skating in Canada. There are many advantages that go with a Skate Canada membership such as accident insurance, access to Skate Canada programs and materials, the opportunity to participate in interclub and invitational competitions and special member prices on merchandise from the on-line store.